Wrinkles, also known as crow’s feet, gradually appear from the outer corners of our eyes. These are creases and lines that form in the skin and are more visible when frowning, smiling, and laughing. Fine lines and wrinkles develop as part of the aging process. As we age, the skin’s production of collagen decreases, and it reduces elasticity. To slow down the signs of aging, you can try some of the simple home remedies for wrinkles under eyes.
In addition to age, wrinkles are caused by other factors like exposure to ultraviolet light, smoking, and repeated facial expressions. A groove forms beneath the layers of the skin when making facial expressions. As the skin ages, it loses the ability to go back in place, and the lines become permanent. Before buying expensive creams to get rid of the lines, you can reduce the wrinkles and prevent new lines from appearing with these natural beauty treatments.
Home Remedies for Wrinkles Under Eyes
Here are the best ways to get rid of wrinkles under your eyes without having to spend a fortune. Bring back your youthful glow with one or two of these home treatments.
1. Coconut Oil
Coconut oil contains antioxidants that can protect the skin against the harmful effects of free radicals. It is also an excellent moisturizer, preventing the formation of fine lines and wrinkles. The vitamins A, E, and essential proteins in coconut oil promote collagen synthesis, keeping the skin supple, smooth, and firm. This oil also helps in repairing damaged skin, making it one of the best home remedies for wrinkles under eyes.
- Apply organic coconut oil onto the wrinkled areas and massage it for a couple of minutes. Leave it on overnight. Repeat the application each night before going to bed. For additional benefits, you can consume two to three tablespoons of organic coconut oil daily to keep your skin healthy.
- Combine one tablespoon of coconut oil and one-fourth teaspoon of turmeric powder to make a paste. Gently apply this paste under the eyes. Let it sit for twenty minutes before rinsing it off with water. Repeat the application daily to maintain the elasticity and firmness of the skin.
- Mix one tablespoon of raw honey with one-half cup of coconut oil. Apply this paste under and around the eyes carefully to eliminate toxins and blemishes. Let it sit for one hour before rinsing it off with lukewarm water. Repeat this natural treatment daily.
Lemon is good for wrinkles due to the vitamin C present in it. This citrus fruit encourages the production of collagen which is important in maintaining the elasticity of the skin. The acid in lemons also reduces fine lines, wrinkles, and it tightens the skin. One of the best home remedies for wrinkles under eyes, lemons also repair the damages caused by pollution and sun exposure.
- Slice a fresh lemon and squeeze out its juice.
- Apply the juice to the skin and let it sit for five to ten minutes.
- Rinse it off with lukewarm water.
- Repeat the process three times daily.
Another option is to mix one-half teaspoon of lemon with one tablespoon of honey. Apply the paste to the wrinkled areas and leave it on for ten minutes. Wash it off with cool water. Repeat this three times a week.
3. Aloe Vera
When it comes to skin, hair, and health care, aloe vera always makes it to the top. It moisturizes the skin by penetrating deep into the layers. It helps in eliminating dead skin cells and reduces the damages caused by free radicals. This herb is packed with vitamins A, B, C, and E, making it one of the most effective home remedies for wrinkle sunder eyes. It prevents the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles by rebuilding collagen faster.
- Cut an aloe vera leaf and extract its gel. Apply it on the skin and massage it for two to three minutes. Leave it on overnight to treat wrinkles and to prevent new lines from forming.
- You can also mix two tablespoons of aloe vera gel with four tablespoons of pure cucumber juice. Add one tablespoon of yogurt and apply the mixture on the wrinkled skin. Let it sit for twenty minutes before rinsing it off with water. Repeat this treatment daily until you are satisfied with the results.
- Another option is to make an aloe vera face mask. Combine one tablespoon each of aloe vera gel, milk, and honey. Add a few drops of rosewater and a pinch of turmeric powder. Apply this mask on your face and neck. Leave it on for twenty minutes before washing your face with cool water. Repeat this once a week.